UBC Procedures for Retention Candidates

Applications for retention candidates to access JELF cap are subject to approval from their appropriate dean or associate dean of research and to JELF cap availability.

View upcoming internal timelines (CWL Required)


The IPO is available to assist you at any time throughout the process. Please do not hesitate to contact us. In addition, your faculty/department grant facilitators are also available if you need assistance.

UBC Crest The official logo of the University of British Columbia. Urgent Message An exclamation mark in a speech bubble. Caret An arrowhead indicating direction. Arrow An arrow indicating direction. Arrow in Circle An arrow indicating direction. Arrow in Circle An arrow indicating direction. Chats Two speech clouds. Facebook The logo for the Facebook social media service. Information The letter 'i' in a circle. Instagram The logo for the Instagram social media service. External Link An arrow entering a square. Linkedin The logo for the LinkedIn social media service. Location Pin A map location pin. Mail An envelope. Menu Three horizontal lines indicating a menu. Minus A minus sign. Telephone An antique telephone. Plus A plus symbol indicating more or the ability to add. Search A magnifying glass. Twitter The logo for the Twitter social media service. Youtube The logo for the YouTube video sharing service.